Friday, March 20, 2009
Week 10!
Still Feeling good and very excited to have just found out that by the end of Week 10, my baby graduates from embryo to fetus, I thought is was last week but apparently I misread or was reading ahead :O) Other highlights this week the baby has finally morphed from a little tadpole into, well, a baby. (And Yes Tom the little spinney baby is a little creepy but baby B has a while to grow to be cute before coming out...:O) Not only is the face more human-like, but that unflattering "tail" (really just the developing spinal cord) has disappeared, fusing into the spinal column. My baby now has discernible fingers and toes. Also the skeleton is starting to grow and harden. The ears are beginning to take shape and the eyelids are no longer transparent. Tooth buds are forming and Baby's brain will make an incredible 25,000 new neurons every minute this week. Can you believe that!!! Cool. Baby weighs only 4 grams and measures 1½ inches. Anyways, if I get a minute this weekend I will start to post my monthly pictures, so even if you can't be here with me, you will get to see the baby grow....:O) Yea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:):) So exciting!
ReplyDelete